This summer, I have vowed to try and make fun and different snacks for my kids. Getting creative in the kitchen and bringing back some classics. I got an email the other night, and it had chocolate covered bananas pictured in it . . .I thought - YUM!
So I set out to make a batch.
What You Need
3 Bananas (more or less depending on your crowd)
Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
Popcicle or craft sticks
Coconut, Nuts or Sprinkles (optional)
Knife, Baking Sheet, Parchment Paper
What You Do
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel your bananas and slice them in half.
- Gently insert the craft sticks into the round end, pushing about half way in.
- Melt some chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl (I do mine on 30 second intervals).
- Stir up the melted chocolate to get it nice and smooth.
- Holding the banana by the stick, drop chocolate over it, covering about 2/3s of the banana.
- Lie the chocolate covered banana on your baking sheet.
- Repeat, melting more chocolate if you run out.
- If you want, you can sprinkle the covered bananas with shredded coconut, chopped nuts and/or sprinkles. I bet chopped pretzel or peanut butter chips would be yummy too.
- Slide the tray into your freezer to let the chocolate set - about 10 minutes.
What snacks are you enjoying this summer?
catch you soon -