Tuesday, October 02, 2012
How-To: Top 10 Ways to Refresh for Fall
Fall is my favorite season. I like everything about fall: the colors, the cooler weather, the home decor and the clothes. We are on the very brink of fall around here, and I'm starting to move my decor and my wardrobe in that direction. But what does that mean? What are some easy ways you can refresh your own home for the upcoming fall season?
Let me share my Top 10 Ways to Refresh for Fall:
1. Change your tablecloth and/or centerpiece - For fall, I have a pretty red tablecloth with sunflowers on it. I also add a pumpkin to the tray in the center.
2. Add some fall to your front door - I have a Southern Living At Home pressed tin flower bucket on my front door. I change what's in it for the season. Right now, there is a bunch of silk sunflowers in it.
3. Add pumpkins to your regular decor - I picked up an assortment of small pumpkins at Trader Joe's last week. I "sprinkle" these around - on the mantle, on the windowsills, in flower pots. . .anywhere that needs a touch of fall.
4. Add pillows and/or a throw to your couch or favorite chair - Home Goods is a great place for inexpensive ones.
5. Throw on a Cardigan and Boots - Nothing puts your wardrobe into Fall-mode like a Cardi and some boots.
6. Scent your home with a Fall smell - A nice Pumpkin Spice or Apple smell makes the whole house feel more "Fallish". I love to use Fall Inspired Essential Oils in my diffuser to make my whole house smell like fall.
7. Change your Sheets - Put on a nice Jersey Knit, or darker color sheet to welcome Fall. Add a snuggly blanket for chilly fall nights.
8. Add some casseroles and slow cooker meals to your dinner plans - Fall is the time I start making Chili, Lasagna and Roast Chicken more often.
9. Bring the outside in - Fall is a great time to let your kids pick up leaves and acorns. . .display them in a glass hurricane, or series of mason jars on the mantle or a shelf.
10. Bake - it's not too warm to have the oven going, so great your kids after school with some fresh pumpkin muffins!
These are some of the ways I am refreshing my home and myself for Fall. How are you refreshing for Fall?
catch you soon -
Written By: Hillary Chybinski
I'm Hillary - a wife, mom, Lifestyle Blogger, Social Media Strategist, crafter, reader and dreamer. This is my slice of the web where I share ideas and inspiration for living a simple, casual life. Find posts about adventure, family, food, home, style and more.