Tuesday, October 02, 2012
How-To: Top 10 Ways to Refresh for Fall
Today, I'm joining up with Skimbaco's Live a Little: Refresh for Fall, highlighting the little ways you can live life to the fullest everyday.
Fall is my favorite season. I like everything about it, from the colors, to the decor to the clothes.
So here are my Top 10 Ways to Refresh for Fall:
1. Change your tablecloth and/or centerpiece - For fall, I have a pretty red tablecloth with sunflowers on it. I also add a pumpkin to the tray in the center.
2. Add some fall to your front door - I have a Southern Living At Home pressed tin flower bucket on my front door. I change what's in it for the season. Right now, there is a bunch of silk sunflowers in it.
3. Add pumpkins to your regular decor - I picked up an assortment of small pumpkins at Trader Joe's last week. I "sprinkle" these around - on the mantle, on the windowsills, in flower pots. . .anywhere that needs a touch of fall.
4. Add pillows and/or a throw to your couch or favorite chair - Home Goods is a great place for inexpensive ones.
5. Throw on a Cardigan and Boots - Nothing puts your wardrobe into Fall-mode like a Cardi and some boots.
6. Get a Fall Scented Candle - A nice Pumpkin Spice or Apple smell makes the whole house feel more "Fallish".
7. Change your Sheets - Put on a nice Jersey Knit, or darker color sheet to welcome Fall. Add a snuggly blanket for chilly fall nights.
8. Add some casseroles and slow cooker meals to your dinner plans - Fall is the time I start making Chili, Lasagna and Roast Chicken more often.
9. Bring the outside in - Fall is a great time to let your kids pick up leaves and acorns. . .display them in a glass hurricane, or series of mason jars on the mantle or a shelf.
10. Bake - it's not too warm to have the oven going, so great your kids after school with some fresh pumpkin muffins!
These are some of the ways I am refreshing my home and myself for Fall. How are you refreshing for Fall?
catch you soon -
Written By: Hillary Chybinski
I'm Hillary - a wife, mom, Lifestyle Blogger, Social Media Strategist, crafter, reader and dreamer. This is my slice of the web where I share ideas and inspiration for living a simple, casual life. Find posts about adventure, family, food, home, style and more.