Here are some easy ideas to keep your holiday "Green":
- give gifts made from recycled materials or purchase from companies that support fair-trade practices.
- use less packaging. . .make the packaging (a tote bag) part of the gift.
- shop local - use local sources for your flowers, gifts, holiday foods. . .anything you can. it supports the local economy, as well as uses less fuel to get there.
- use a timer on your holiday lights, and buy energy efficient lights whenever possible.
- decorate with natural items - pine cones, holly, greenery, and fruit all make attractive decorations.
- bring your own shopping bags. . .leave the plastic bags at the mall.
What are some of your favorite ways to "green" the holidays?
catch you soon -
For more ideas, check out A Life in Balance.