I love a great soup. I had some sausage in my freezer that I wanted to use up on a rainy day, so I started searching the internet for soup recipes. I didn't find anything I loved, so I pieced together one of my own. It turned out really yummy, served with some crusty bread and a salad.
What You Need
1 Tbsp Oil
1 Large Yellow Onion
2 Cloves of Garlic
Salt and Pepper
1 lb of Sweet of Italian Sausage
2 large Sweet Potatoes
4 Cups of Chicken Broth
3-4 Cups of Kale
What You Do
- In a large stock pot, pour in one Tablespoon of Olive Oil. Heat over medium-high heat.
- Chop onion and and crush garlic and add to the heated oil, cook onion until translucent and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the casing from the sausage and add to your pot. Break apart the sausage into bite sized pieces and cook until browned.
- Peel and dice the sweet potatoes. Add them to your pot.
- Add chicken broth and 2 cups of water, then bring the whole thing to a boil.
- Chop kale and add to the pot.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the greens are wilted.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan to serve.
There you have it - and easy and delicious soup - perfect for a cool night or rainy day.
What's your favorite soup recipe?
catch you soon -