As I was sitting at my desk, debating what I had on-hand that was easy (this is precisely why I meal plan each week), an email popped into my inbox for mini frittatas. Now my kids were not going to eat the asparagus and mushroom variety featured in the recipe idea, but I could come up with my own.
What You Need
- Eggs - 1 egg per muffin cup (I made 12 muffin cups and used a dozen eggs)
- Milk - 2 Tbsp per 6 eggs (I used 4 Tbsp for my 12 muffin cups)
- Vegetables, Meats and Cheese of your choice, diced.
What You Do
- If you're using hard Vegetables, you may want to cook them first.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- I used Bacon, so I put that in the oven before I prepared my eggs.
- You can use ham, sausage, broccoli, tomatoes, spinach, onion, the choices are endless.
- Whisk up your eggs and milk in a bowl.
- Spray your muffin tin with oil.
- Divide your "filler" among the muffin cups.
- Fill each cup with the egg mixture about 2/3s of the way up.
- Sprinkle your favorite cheese on the top.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the eggs have set.
An easy and quick dinner was born. Got some leftover? I put them in a ziploc bag in the refrigerator and re-heated them for a quick breakfast the nest day! These could easily be sliced in half to make a sandwich to-go as well.
catch you soon -