7 Tips to Update Your Beauty Routine
- Pull out all your current make-up products. Throw away any that you no longer love, that are broken, discolored or past their prime. Typically, mascara lasts about 3 months after opening, liquid eyeliner about 6 months, and most other liquids and creams last about 12 months or longer.
- Clean up your tools. Now is a great time to wash your make-up brushes with a little baby shampoo. You can also wipe down your compacts, bottles and tubes.
- Lighten up. If you typically wear foundation, consider switching to a tinted moisturizer for spring and summer. Bobbi Brown makes one that I absolutely love and it has an SPF built right in.
- Check your skin-tone. In the summer, our skin may be a little darker, so make sure any tinted moisturizers, foundations and concealers are the right shades.
- Add some new fun colors. Coral is hot this spring, as are pastels. Pretty neutrals are always a great choice for summer sun-kissed skin.
- Get glowing. If you haven't tried a "color brick" or one of the new bronzers, you may be pleasantly surprised. I've become a huge fan of the color brick and I love how the various shades make my skin look so vibrant and alive without those tacky circles of "blush."
- Finally, don't skimp on skin care. The secret to great make-up is great skin, so make sure your skin care routine is up to date too.
catch you soon -