I've said before, that I'm not really one to make New Year Resolutions. But my One Little Word for this year is Journey, and one of my intentions for this word, is to work on my journey to a healthier lifestyle.
My hope, is that by improving some "small" things in my day-to-day routine, I can make "big" changes by the end of the year and drop a few pounds, get a little more fit and improve my overall health. So here are 7 ways that I'm planning to get healthier in 2014:
- Drinking more water. I just don't drink as much as I should throughout the day. I'm planning to use my FitBit tracker to help remind me and encourage me to drink up.
- Getting out there and walking. Once the holidays and cold weather hit, I stopped. My plan is to get back into a formal walk with friends at least once a week, and hit the pavement myself 2 other days.
- Eating regular meals. (breakfast and lunch). This is a toughie for me, I typically skip breakfast and lunch is very haphazard since I work form home.
- Introducing more smoothies and salads into my diet. Maybe this can help me to eat more regular meals.
- Get out and play with the kids - this one will help with my better parenting journey as well.
- Introducing more yoga and meditation into my life. This is something I've done in the past, but without any real regularity. I have some meditation podcasts, a Yoga App and WiiFitU to work with.
- Taking my vitamins. Yes, there is a lot of controversy out there about whether they really help or not. I feel better when I take them. I have more energy. So for now, I'm trying to remember to take them everyday.
Do you have any intentions, resolutions or plans for improving your health this year?
catch you soon -