I've been blogging since 2005. My goal, is to post at least once a day during the week. Some weeks I reach my goal and some weeks I don't. Like any writer, I occasionally fall prey to writers-block. Or the opposite, which is when I have SO many thoughts, I can't pick one to write about.
Many of my non-blogger friends ask me how I find my topics to write about. I tell them "it depends." (my favorite response to just about anything)
Sometimes my ideas are from current events. I write some posts after I have been somewhere or used something that I want to share with you. I keep an Editorial Calendar, and plan a specific topic each month to focus posts around.
There are lists of topic ideas available on the web, and many bloggers run linkys on their blogs as well. Linkys can inspire you to write about a certain topic, such as Meal Planning, and link up with other bloggers writing about the same topics.
So content, and therefore blog topics, can come from just about anywhere. If you are really stuck for something to write about here are FIVE suggestions to get your creative juices flowing again.
- Open a newspaper or magazine and write about something you read.
- Make a list of things you are good at, pick one and write a "how-to" to share your tips.
- Surf the web. Check out other blogs or your favorite sites for inspiration.
- Look and listen around you. Grab a coffee at Starbucks and eavesdrop on people sitting around you.
- Interview someone. . .a friend, your spouse, or your cat.
catch you soon -