Baseball, basketball, softball, archery or lacrosse mom (or dad)?
Chances are good one of your children already does or will soon participate in an organized sports activity. This was my first year with 2 kids actively participating. Same sport - different fields - go figure. I needed a plan to make sure I had everything I needed to support the kids and get them to games and practices on-time and prepared.
Ryan has been playing baseball in our local Little League for the past six years, so I've learned a few things along the way.
You NEED three essential things:
- A great bag for you (I am partial to the Lands End Large zip-top tote)
- A blanket with a water-proof side (for damp ground)
- A comfy chair
I keep the blanket and the chair in my car throughout the season.
My bag, I keep in the house. But I have a stash of "permanent" items that stay in the bag:
- Emergency Kit (hand sanitizer, band-aids, tissues, bug spray, wipes, etc)
- Fleece throw (it's COLD at the beginning of baseball season)
- Quarters (sometimes a bag of M&Ms from the snack bar is an emergency)
The boys each keep their game bags packed and ready to go with the equipment they need for the sport they are playing. After things get cleaned, they go back in the bag for the next game or practice.
Before games or practice, I add water bottles, granola bars, hats, sweatshirts, sunscreen and anything else I think we may need while we're there. I add these for myself, my husband and both kids - whoever will be in attendance.
What are some of your "must-haves" to survive your kids organized sports activities?
catch you soon -