Hello meal planners! Welcome back to those of you that joined us in 2015, and if you are new here, welcome as well and I hope you find ideas and inspiration in these weekly posts. Since we are kicking off a new year, let's go over the basics:
- Each Monday, I share our family's meal plan for the week. On Sunday night, I organize my meal plan, review what I have on hand and make a grocery list.
- My typical shopping day is Monday, and I typically hit Trader Joe's for 80% of our groceries.
- While I don't always stick to the plan, I like knowing that I have all necessary items on-hand for the items on my plan.
- I cook 4-5 times a week, and try to stick to as many real (not overly processed) foods as possible.
- I will link to recipes and sources whenever possible.
- Weekly meal planning is not my favorite activity, but it does save me time AND money.
Now, onto the main course, the first meal plan of 2016:
Monday - Sausage, Kale and Sweet Potato Soup, Salad, Rolls
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday - I'm trying a recipe from Tasty, where you put the filling in peppers for the adults
Wednesday -Roast Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Peas
Thursday - Chicken Quesadillas (using leftover roast chicken)
Friday - Pizza Night
Saturday - Leftover Buffet
Sunday - Family Dinner Out
What's on your plan this week?
catch you soon -
This post is linked up at I'm An Organizing Junkie - be sure to check it out for even more meal planning ideas and inspiration.